DID YOU KNOW MASSAGE CAN:
- Relax and soften injured, tired and overused muscles?
- Strengthen and activate weak or atrophied muscles?
- Stretch and lengthen short, tight muscles, especially those creating pain patterns?
- Relieve neck, shoulder, low-back and other musculoskeletal pain including pain from headaches, migraines, carpal tunnel syndrome, TMJ disorders and pregnancy?
- Increase joint and muscle comfort and mobility?
- Release endorphins (the body’s natural painkillers)?
- Enhance immunity and reduce swelling (even pregnancy related swelling) by stimulating lymph flow?
- Help athletes prepare for and recover from workouts/events, including reducing spasms and cramping?
- Improve blood circulation, carrying oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs?
- Reduce blood pressure?
- Promote skin and tissue regeneration, including reducing scar tissue and stretch marks?
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling?
- Shrink varicose veins and ease associated discomforts?
- Provide an opportunity for tranquility and relaxation, calming the mind, emotions and nervous system?
- Lessen stress, anxiety and depression, including enhancing sleep, concentration and energy?
- Free physical, emotional and spiritual energy, improving body, mind and spirit Integration?
IN ADDITION, MASSAGE THERAPY DURING PREGNANCY CAN:
- Enhance hormonal, respiratory, gastrointestinal & urinary processes.
- Help develop flexibility and kinesthetic awareness in preparation for birth.
- Foster nurturing maternal touch.
Copyright Julie Ann Randall 2012-2020